FIRST DAY: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHU PICCHU
We pick you up at 5:45 hrs from your hotel and transfer you to the train station, to board the train that will take you to Km 104 where we began our trek. From the archaeological site of “Chanchabamba” (2250 masl) we ascend approx. 2.5 hours to the fascinating archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2650 masl) where we will enjoy a picnic.
In the afternoon we follow the semi-tropical forest trail to the “Intipunku” (the Gate of the Sun) where we can enjoy the first panoramic views of the majestic Machu picchu. From here we descend by bus to Aguas Calientes where you can optionally visit the thermal baths and comfortably spend the night in a hostel.
SECOND DAY: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast we go with the first bus to Machu Picchu to enjoy sunrise in this magical place before the arrival of other visitors. We will enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas on a guided tour, we will also have some free hours. In the Afternoon we return to Ollantaytambo with the train, at the train station our bus will be waiting for our return to Cusco.
VERY IMPORTANT .-
Although the rules of Inka Trail Expeditions, indicate that bokings must be done at least five days before, we recommend you to book well in advance, given that nowadays even 90 days before departure there’s no room. Regulations indicate that there can only be 500 people per day, in order to avoid erosion and pollution along the road network and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Transfers from hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket from Cusco to Km 104.
- Professional guide specialized in Inca Trail.
- Admission to Hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 Night Hotel (double room).
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDED:
- Food not mentioned
- Extra services such as Tips
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT
- Water Bottle
- insect repellent
- hiking boots (preferably waterproof ankle protectors)
- sun hat or cap
- toilet paper
- We recommend you bring appropriate clothing for sunny days.
- Also, depending on preference: binoculars, sunglasses, or compass.